Kids want everyone to get outdoors and fall in love with a tree. They want lots of space dedicated to parks and wild places and these precious places protected for the future. They want schools to consider nature play in their school grounds and adopt bushland for long term science and art projects. They want everyone to work together to create a clean, green future. Lots of trees means less demand for energy for cooling.
In 2018 Kids launched Green Lab, a new youth led citizen science initiative to adopt, monitor and care for our trees in partnership with artists, scientists elders and poets.
Here are some Kids ideas:
- Create an outdoor classroom and learn about your local area
- Monitor your local bushland or wetland
- Start a bushland project with your local youth organisation
- Plant local plants for local species
- Learn how to propagate native seeds
- Visit a local native plant nursery and find out what grows in your area
Kids said: “Plant a seed and watch it grow.”