Our Millennium Kids teams are looking for innovative solutions to these problems. We have been researching what other countries are doing. Cities are designing bike paths so people can ride to work. Some cities are taking out cars and making their city centres car free and pedestrian friendly.
We think our city could be a leader in urban design, with electric power stations to charge electric cars, trains and mini rail for easy access around the city and metropolitan area and underground power so we can have tree lined streets with footpaths and places for people to meet and greet on the way to work.
Here are some Kids ideas:
- Leave your car at home sometimes, walk, ride, catch a bus to school, take the train or carpool.
- Walk to and from home and on short distances to shops
- Help your school start a walking club
- Plan your car free holiday
- Work with your local Council to create walking groups
- Set up a tree planting program to offset your travel kilometres
- Join an urban planning group and become an influencer when your Council is designing your city
Kids said: “TravelSmart do your part.”