Millennium Kids worked with University of Western Australia Medical Faculty, Medical Scholarly Activity, to survey young people and find out what they think through a survey Young People of Australia; Perceptions, Climate and Concerns
- 70% of the participants didn’t think people took their opinions on climate change seriously.
- 60% of the respondents do not think that the Australian government adequately acknowledges climate change as a serious problem, and do not believe the government is committed to tackling this issue.
- 89% of the overall responses agreed that they are worried about the effects of climate change.
In 2018 we received a three-year grant to care for wetlands in Sir James Mitchell Park, South Perth from the Community Rivercare Program.
Here are some Kids ideas:
- Write to your Member of Parliament and share your opinions
- Start a club at your school and create an energy plan
- Join a tree planting group
- Help educate your family about energy use
- Have a say about where you put your savings and your superannuation
- Sign up to solar energy
Kids said: “At the end of the day, I don’t want to protect the environment, I want to create a world where the environment doesn’t need protection.“