How to become a volunteer
Who can volunteer?
Under 18 years?
Want to volunteer and can’t get to our meetings. Why not try our Millennium Kids Virtual Volunteer Working Sheet . Download the Virtual Volunteering template and get started on your #1000actionsfortheplanet project. Lots of ideas to get you started on your volunteering journey.
Over 18 years?
- Millennium Kids has Volunteers of all ages and persuasions
- Volunteers will complete an application form, be interviewed, and allocated tasks according to areas of expertise or interest
- Volunteers who work with children will receive MK Training, learn about our Policies and if over 18 years, will require a current Working With Children Check
- We love our Volunteers to have a current First Aid Certificate and or Bronze Medallion
- We need your help but we want you to have fun, too
How you can volunteer?
- Consider your skill set, and let us know how you can help
- Become a Volunteer at our meetings, or in the office
- Volunteer on our Council, or on a Sub Committee
- Help us run an event, manage the kitchen and prepare the waste-free lunches
- Spend some time in our office doing filing and office duties
- Run a fundraiser for us. There are rules for fundraising. If you are under 16 years you will need permission and advice
- Use your grant writing skills to help get a project off the ground
- Help Millennium Kids grow the change they want to see in the world
- We cater for Year 10 students’ experiences, tailored to student interests
- Email our office firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how you would like to work with us
Sound like you? Want to help out? Use our contact form below to apply to become a volunteer at Millennium Kids. Just come and get involved.