We need to reduce the amount of energy we are using in our homes and in industry to reduce carbon emissions. We must consider where the energy we use is coming from, and accelerate the development of renewable energy sources.
Sustainable energy sources such as hydro, solar, wind, wave, geothermal, biomass, and tidal power can all be carbon neutral. Investing in them makes good sense for both the natural and the financial economies.
Millennium Kids believe we need to use sustainable energy sources coupled with innovative design and technology. They are looking for the next industrial revolution where energy is clean and effective. No more dirty energy sources that pollute the planet. Time for a change, they say.
Here are some Kids ideas:
- Monitor the energy in your home or school. Work in a team to create an energy reduction plan
- Research clean energy solutions. Be an innovator and create a clean, green energy source.
- Understand how your money is invested by the big banks and superannuation companies. Let them know what you expect from them
- Stay informed, let your local politicians know that the health of the environment is critically important
- Check out ClimateClever to support your school its community to reduce your carbon footprint and costs.
Kids said: “Put the environment before the economy because without the environment there is no economy.”