The City of Canning wants you to reimagine the future at the Changing Your World Youth Conference in March 2020. The Conference will bring together 100 young people from across the City to have a say about the things they care about and co-design opportunities for change. The program will use a “Skills for Life” process with young people identifying the issues and challenges in their community and co-designing solutions that can be implemented to make positive change.
Kids will focus on some of the big issues on the day:
- Carbon Reduction and Energy Transformation
- Circular Economy
- Sustainable Transport
- Community Capital and Social Impact
- Water Sensitivity and Literacy
- Biodiversity, the Natural Environment and Land Use
- Innovation and Leadership
- Local Economy and Sustainable Business
- A Healthy and Safe City
- Sustainable Development, Planning and Infrastructure
Supported by Millennium Kids and Department of Biodiversity and Attractions, young people will co- design One Thousand Actions for the Planet projects and present their change making ideas to the decision makers in the City at the end of the day.
Check out the program CHANGING YOUR WORLD YOUTH CONFERENCE PROGRAM
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack.